Friday, May 7, 2010

New Orleans Museum of Art


When looking for free things to do in the city, Wednesdays at the New Orleans Museum of Art, fondly known as NOMA, are exceptional. I recently discovered that every Wednesday is free to the public. They are known for having a fabulous in-house collection of masterpieces along with touring exhibits.

I went there recently because I had heard about an exhibit featuring women artist from Louisiana. I was especially interested to see what Mignon Faget had put in to display. What I had discovered was a compellation of beautiful pieces displayed in unity representing the woman artist of Louisiana. I highly recommend this exhibit.

The next Louisiana exhibit I visited was a montage of photographs taken throughout the greater New Orleans area and Baton Rouge. The popping color is what really caught my eye besides the nostalgia that typically comes with photographs.

Overall, the museum is a lovely place to spend an afternoon getting lost in wonderful art that trigger imaginative thinking. With ever changing exhibits and all the typical stationary exhibits, this is a great way to spend no money learning about art.

No comments:

Post a Comment